React Learning Plan
Now that I have successfully completed my coding bootcamp, I am making plans to continue my learning. Over the past year of prepping for my bootcamp and the course itself, I've learned that I really like having structured learning plans and times set aside specifically for learning.
To that end, here's the things I'm focusing on for React:
I like podcasts and they seem helpful for giving a broad overview of React before diving in. Here's a few that have been useful:
I still like books. Unfortunately, programming books can go out of date a bit too quickly, but here's a couple I am planning to read through:
- Learning React: Functional Web Development with React and Redux - This has a nice introduction to functional programming that seems like it will be useful.
- Fullstack React - An updated ebook on learning React.
- 30 Days of React - An ebook full of short snippets to help familiarize yourself with React.
- Lynda.com "Learning React.js" - My local library offers Lynda.com courses for free, so I'm give this one a try as an intro. There's also a longer course called "React for Web Designers" that looks good.
- freeCodeCamp: Frontend Libraries Certification - freeCodeCamp's Frontend Libraries course prominently features React. I plan to go through this course and complete the final projects using React.
Meetups and In-Person Learning
There are also a couple of in-person Meetups on React where I live, so I'm going to check those out.